Concussions are a reality for many sports, whether it’s hockey, soccer, rugby, wrestling, football, or anything in between. In fact, concussions are the sports injury that parents are most concerned about when it comes to the safety of their children [Source: Aspen Institute]!
Ensuring that athletes are safe when it comes to concussions is incredibly important, and should be at the top of any sports association’s priorities. This is why we’re so excited to introduce ePACT’s new Concussion History module. Created in partnership with SportMedBC, experts in the field of sport medicine, science and training, this new feature is designed to help you collect in-depth concussion information for all athletes in your association.
Concussion management is an important part of athlete care, and this feature helps your sports organization:
- Ensure managers and coaches are aware of an athlete’s specific concussion history
- Guide coaching staff to adjust training and play for affected athletes, to support concussion prevention
- Confirm that athletes only return to play once it is safe to do so, with proper documentation and doctor’s approval
- Share accurate health information with doctors and trainers in the event of a future concussion or incident
How Concussion History Works
- Parents add the concussion details that your organization needs to assess if a player can safely participate
- Coaches and managers have immediate access to Clearance Reports when a risk manager or parent uploads them
- Information is easy to search and export to provide to medical professionals when required
Concussion History Module in ePACT
Here’s a quick look at ePACT’s Concussion History module and how it collects information about a player’s concussion history:
If you are an existing customer and would like to have this module activated on your organization’s account, please reach out to your ePACT Account Manager today. Or if you would like to see how your organization can use the Concussion History Module with ePACT, contact our Sales Team for a free demo or to request more information.
Terms and Conditions All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. This policy is subject to change at anytime.